About GuardtimeGuardtime is an international team of cryptographers, developers and security architects, with decades of experience in building cyber security solutions. Over the last decade we have built a technology platform called KSI Blockchain that allows us to tackle hard problems in security, supply chain, compliance and networking.
About the RoleYour role will be developing and maintaining both in house and customer facing applications/integrations in the blockchain security space. Development can focus from initial PoC to full production product, building upon the KSI foundation layer to solve interesting real-world problems in a variety of sectors. You will be working in a small
development team located in Guildford, UK and be a part of an international organization who has an excellent reach into some of the most prestigious organisations in the world, designing solutions across a range of verticals from Finance, Healthcare, Insurance through to Defence.
This role represents an excellent opportunity to be hands on and involved in the latest cybersecurity and blockchain techniques and technologies and suits an engineer who is interested and committed. Challenging and rewarding projects as standard.
Day to dayDay to day duties vary by project/engagement and include different programming languages, technologies and environments. All are interesting problems to solve and a strong working knowledge of KSI and associated security techniques is required for success. There is a strong team ethos to solving problems and coding with simple robust
practices (JIRA, Git, Jenkins etc). All team members contribute to design discussions and influence final outcomes. All team members have to undergo KSI training and may be called upon to travel internationally depending on projects.
- Bright, self-starter, ability to work autonomously and proactively
- Strong development background with scalable systems
- Strong underlying knowledge of first principles
- Motivated, eager to learn, contribute and make an impact
- Knowledge of common practices and core design patterns
- Experience in developing web services or database driven applications
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, 2:1 or above (potentially equivalent years of work experience)
- Graduate to 3 years of hands-on industry programming experience
- Strong design/coding skills in object-oriented languages (e.g Java, GoLang, C#, C++, Python etc)
- Knowledge of data structure design and concurrent programming techniques
- Ideally product development and some knowledge of DevOps
- Familiarity with networking and data format standardization
- Strong understanding of InfoSec
- Good knowledge of basic network protocols
- Confidence in expressing product development ideas
- Ability to work under own initiative and also as part of a small team
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English