Guardtime is looking for an R&D Manager for International Projects
to guide and oversee technical implementation of international research and development efforts.
Guardtime is a global company developing core technology, applications, and tools for ensuring the integrity of systems, processes, and data, at a massive scale, in real-time. We started in 2007 with the goal of eliminating the need for trusted authorities within Estonian Government networks. Today our KSI Blockchain technology is applied in defense, telecom, healthcare & life sciences, financial services, energy, government, and other areas. By coordinating and participating in numerous Horizon 2020 and European defence related research and innovation projects, Guardtime is a leading R&D company in Estonia for cyber security, cryptography and distributed ledger technologies.
About the role
The R&D Manager will be working internally very closely with the R&D division, the European Affairs and Business Development team and externally with Guardtime’s international R&D partners. The role will be based in Estonia (Tallinn/Tartu).
- Matching and mapping Guardtime’s R&D and business priorities with international grant calls/proposals (e.g. Horizon 2020 programme)
- Designing project proposals and validate grant opportunities with respect to Guardtime’s core competency, offerings and development roadmap
- Participating in project proposal preparations and overseeing execution of international R&D efforts
- Collaborating and communicating with Guardtime’s international R&D partners, including representing Guardtime at international venues such as conferences and project meetings
- Monitoring international R&D and market trends
Profile & Requirements
- Preferably Master`s degree in computer science or equivalent education from an accredited university
- Understanding and interest in a wide area of topics related to ICT (e.g. distributed ledger technologies, information security and cryptography) and its applications
- Preferred experience in international research project preparation and participation
- An open, creative, optimistic, proactive and collaborative mindset
- Flexibility in terms of working hours
- At least 3 years prior work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with excellent spoken and written English
- Willing to travel, and ability to work with team and partners in multiple geographical locations