Guardtime is looking for Software Engineers for Marine Insurance project
Guardtime is a global company developing the core technology, applications, and tools for ensuring the integrity of systems, processes, and data, at a massive scale, in real-time. We started in 2007 with the goal of eliminating the need for trusted authorities within Estonian Government networks. Today our KSI Blockchain technology is applied in defense, telecom, health & life sciences, financial services, energy, government, and other areas.
About The Role
Your mission is to work on solutions for World’s First Blockchain Platform for Marine Insurance called Insurwave - a blockchain platform to support marine hull insurance.
Built by a joint venture between EY and Guardtime, Insurwave leverages blockchain and distributed ledger technologies Microsoft Azure infrastructure and ACORD data standards. A.P. Moller - Maersk contributed to the development of blockchain technology as a pilot client and is continuing on the platform with its marine hull portfolio.
- Build prototypes for visualizing and validating concepts
- Develop and maintain products and tools based on existing technologies
- Consult external partners on best practices and Guardtime technology
- Support team members in accomplishing mutual goals
- Strong development background with scalable systems
- Experience in developing web services
- Experience in rapid prototyping, agile development
- Result oriented and eager to learn
- BSc or MSc degree in CS or equivalent years of work experience
- 3+ years of hands-on programming experience in an object-oriented programming language (ideally in Java)
- Some experience with scripting languages
- Familiarity with networking and data format standardization
- Good knowledge of basic network protocols
- Confidence in expressing product development ideas to a variety of business and technology focused people
- Excellent communication skills, willingness to work in the multicultural and multi-language company
- Ability to work with team and partners in multiple geographical locations
- Fluent in English