Guardtime is looking for a Technical Manager for International R&D Projects
to guide and oversee the technical implementation of international research and development efforts.
Guardtime is a global company developing core technology, applications, and tools for ensuring the integrity of systems, processes, and data, at a massive scale, in real-time. We started in 2007 with the goal of eliminating the need for trusted authorities within Estonian Government networks. Today our KSI® Blockchain technology is applied in defense, telecom, healthcare & life sciences, financial services, energy, government, and other areas. By coordinating and participating in numerous Horizon 2020 and European defence related research and innovation projects, Guardtime is a leading R&D company in Estonia and Europe for cybersecurity, cryptography, and distributed ledger technologies.
About the role
The Technical Manager for International R&D projects will be working internally very closely with the R&D division, the European Affairs and Business Development teams and externally with Guardtime’s international R&D partners. The role will be based in Estonia (Tallinn/Tartu).
- Participating in project proposal preparations and overseeing technical execution of international R&D efforts
- Matching and mapping Guardtime’s R&D and business priorities with international grant calls/proposals (e.g. Horizon 2020 programme)
- Collaborating and communicating with Guardtime’s international R&D partners, including representing Guardtime at international venues such as conferences and project meetings
- Gathering a complete understanding of Guardtime’s core technologies and capabilities
- Designing project proposals and validating grant opportunities with respect to Guardtime’s core competency, offerings and development roadmap
- Consulting with the internal R&D department to identify technical development options and providing direction to the assigned software developers
- Monitoring international R&D and market trends
Profile & Requirements
- Preferably a Master`s degree in computer science or equivalent education from an accredited university
- Preferred experience with information system architecture
- Preferred experience with architecting and designing solutions around blockchain and distributed ledger technologies
- A good technical understanding of information security, cryptography, and its applications
- Preferred experience in international research project preparation and participation
- An open, creative, optimistic, proactive and collaborative mindset
- Flexibility in terms of working hours
- At least 3 years prior work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with excellent spoken and written English
- Willing to travel, and ability to work with team and partners in multiple geographical locations